Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins…RECIPE
2.5 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 TBSP ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas
Going to make these for sure!
this will keep me going all day: salad of spinach, alfalfa, tuna, cucumber, bean mix, tomato, avocado and lime :)
Vanilla chia pudding with raspberry sorbet, cacao nibs, caramelised buckinis and hemp hearts for a perfect afternoon snack
The Super Easy Guide To Autumn Oatmeal
Okay here is the oatmeal I’ve been making every single morning (sometimes evening… sometimes night) since I’ve had to start wearing a jumper to bed. I just wanted to share it with you guys because it is the perfect way to warm up when you’re too poor to turn the heating on.
1. Peel an apple. If you can peel the apple in one long swirl you know you are some kind of demigod.
2. Chop the apple. I’m not going to tell you how I do this I’m not some kind of apple dictator. But come on tiny cubes make sense.
3. Chuck the apples in a saucepan, preferably an adorable tiny one you stole from your housemate. Throw over cinnamon. And then some more. Also a splash of milk helps. If you’re the kind of person who consumes sugar with carefree abandon (like me) sprinkle some brown sugar in too.
4. Cook for a while and keep nibbling bits until they’re warm and soft to your liking (I still like some crunch to mine)
6. Mash a little bit of banana for sweetness and fun
5. Add equal amounts of oats, milk and water - I use a 1/3 cup but 1/2 is fine too DO WHAT YOU WANT. Also add the banana. Nasty chipped post-Halloween nail varnish optional.
6. At this point it will look gross. Your housemates may well stroll in and say with disgust ‘WHAT are you cooking?’ Ignore them you are a beautiful snowflake.
7. Keep stirring every now and then. If you wish you may use this time to do useful things: pack a lunch, whip up a smoothie, practice your interpretive dance (or all three).
8. When it is cooked to your liking scrape into a bowl and stuff your face.
9. Be happy forever.
this girl’s attitude is fab. i enjoy this.
Rice Cake Ideas
- Apple with raisins and coconut on fruit jam
- Strawberries and berries on greek yogurt
- Broccoli and mozzarella on marianara
- Nuts and dried fruit on cottage cheese
- Pistachios and avocado
- Peanut butter, dark chocolate, and banana slices