Strawberry Banana Spinach Smoothie
delicious and packed with vitamins, minerals, & antioxidants
approximately 150 - 190 calories
6 medium Strawberries
1 cup Baby Spinach
6 cubes or ½ a cup of ice
- Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor and enjoy!I usually find it hard to eat raw spinach, but in this recipe, I can barely taste it and it’s so quick and easy to make!
Today I had cookies for breakfast. (What?! I thought you were trying to be healthy?) Well, I am and these are! They’re “cookies” made from just bananas and oats - so simple! No sugar, no flour, no eggs… thank you to The Burlap Bag for creating these! I love having these in the kitchen because I eat them for breakfast or as a snack and I don’t feel guilty for eating five. (That’s about half a banana and a third-ish cup of oats? Maybe? You get the point.)
This morning I was racing against the clock and rushed making these so I literally only used 2 ingredients. But before I’ve added chocolate chips and have since then started a list of different cookie combos I want to make. What is/are your favorite kind(s) of cookies? I want to add some of your favorites to my list. :)
Make sure your bananas are ripe! // The first time I made these I was so anxious to try this recipe but my bananas weren’t ready so it tasted a bit off.
You may need to add more oats. // This depends on the length of your bananas so adjust accordingly if the consistency seems too wet.
Add vanilla extract. // If the taste is too plain for you, vanilla extract can help add more flavor.
oh my…. my mouth is producing a lot of saliva lol…
My own smoothie:
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 medium banana
- 2 mandarines
- 1 1/2 tbsp of yoghurt
- some milk
- some water
love it <3
Clean Eating Chocolate Mousse!!
- 1 container Greek yogurt
- 1 or 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- a little stevia
- tsp vanilla (optional)
** mix the yogurt with the cocoa and stevia until combined and creamy, top with berries / fruits if you want enjoy! **
Renniesane / Tumblr
Here’s my latest recipe for Paleo Banana Almond Muffins! No flour!
- 1 cup almond flour (I used trader joes brand)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter (I didn’t have any so I used unsalted natural peanut butter which btw is not paleo)
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Spice (you could also uses cinnamon)
- 1 pinch sea salt
DIRECTIONS: Bake at 350F for 10-12 min!
More info on my blog here: http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/paleo-almond-muffin-recipe
Share, pin, reblog, and of course - get BAKING!!! Now! So gooooood!
A great snack for when you’re craving a sweet treat!
- Gather 1/2 cup dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Melt in microwave for 2 minutes on high
- Dip clementine slices in the melted chocolate
- Add sprinkles for aesthetics
If dark chocolate was used: approx 80 calories total per serving (10 slices).
If semi-sweet chocolate: approx 60 calories total per serving (10 slices).
NATURAL Red Velvet Cupcakes ‘n Pancakes with Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting!
INGREDIENTS (6 cupcakes and 10 mini pancakes)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 steamed beet
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP ground flax seed
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- pinch of salt
- a squeeze of lemon
FROSTING (for cupcakes)
- 4 oz of 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese
- 1 TBSP of nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of honey
- drops of natural beet juice to desired color of pink
- dash of psyllium husk to thicken (optional)
CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE (for pancakes)
- Same as above but add a dash of almond milk to make it more liquidy! Or if you want the consistency to be more ooey gooey add another tsp of honey!
DIRECTIONS FOR CUPCAKES:
- Grab a fresh beet. Chop off the head and tail. Wash the skin thoroughly! You need to scrub it to get the dirt off.
- Then place it in a small bowl filled with a couple TBSP of water. Cover with saran wrap. Then microwave for about 5 min or until soft enough to puree.
- Now! Place the beet in a blender, squeeze some lemon (to preserve radiant red color) and turn it into a soft puree. If you are having difficulty mixing, feel free to add a tiny bit of water.
- Mix the beet puree with all of your other ingredients in the blender!
- Spray your muffin tin with some cooking oil, then pour it in!
- Bake at 350F for about 15 min or until the center is no longer sticky when you dip a toothpick down it.
- Let them cool! I put them in the freezer for about 15 min.
- Then spoon your frostings into ziplock baggies, cup a small hole at the end of a corner, and go decorating crazy!
- You’re done. Now eat. WELL DESERVED.
DIRECTIONS FOR PANCAKES:
- Use the same batter. Just spray your griddle with cooking oil then pour it on, flip, and bam you’re done!
- Drizzle with the cream cheese drizzle recipe.
Share, pin, reblog!
I made banana-oat cookies!!! So delicious. I mashed 2 very over ripe bananas with 1 cup of oats, added cinnamon and raisins and baked on 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes. So clean and delicious.
Ground oats, ground flax seeds and egg white cooked in water; topped with shredded coconut, 1/2 banana, unsweetened apricot/applesauce, peanut butter, slivered and whole almonds, shredded dark chocolate and warmed raspberries; grapefruit and kiwi
for people who ask about healthy snacks!
I love these!